Who can I complain about?
You can complain to the JCIO about the personal conduct of most judicial office holders in England & Wales with the exception of Tribunal Judges / Members and Magistrates. Complaints about Tribunal Judges must be made to the relevant Chamber President whilst complaints about Magistrates must be made to the Local Advisory Committee.
We can investigate
- Deputy District Judge
- District Judge
- Coroner / Assistant Coroner
- Circuit Judge
- High Court Judge
- Lord Justice
We cannot investigate
- Magistrate - contact the Local Advisory Committee
- Tribunal Judge - contact the relevant Tribunal President
- Member of Court Staff - contact the local Court Manager
- Solicitor - contact the Solicitors Regulation Authority / Legal Ombudsman
- Barrister - contact the Bar Standards Board / Legal Ombudsman